Conditions eased for private regional television and cable networks
Bern, 15.06.2012 - The Federal Council has eased the conditions on private TV stations receiving support through fee splitting and changed the relationship between fees and equity financing. In the future the fee must be matched with a lower proportion of in-house funds than to date. At the same time the Federal Council is phasing out the obligation to transmit TV programme services in analogue form on cable networks.
The entire text is available in German, French and Italian. Please click on the desired language above in the Navigation Menu.
Address for enquiries:
Press service Federal Office of Communications (OFCOM)
phone: 032 327 55 50
- The Federal Council
- Internet: http://www.admin.ch/br/index.html?lang=en
- General Secretariat of the Federal Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications; General Secretariat DETEC
- Internet: http://www.uvek.admin.ch/index.html?lang=en
- Federal Office of Communications
- Internet: http://www.bakom.admin.ch