In principle, all Swiss households as well as businesses and collective households pay a fee for radio and television. The obligation to pay the fee does not depend on whether equipment which makes it possible to receive radio or television programme services (radios or TV sets, smartphones, tablets or computers with internet access) is present.
- Since 1 January 2021, private households have been paying CHF 335 per annum.
- Since 1 January 2021, collective households have been paying CHF 670 per annum.
- Businesses pay a fee dependent on turnover.
- The Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications (DETEC) is commissioned to examine the level of the fee every two years. The first examination in 2020 allowed reducing the fee for private households by CHF 30 per annum and for collective households by CHF 60 per annum.
- The fee revenue is used to support the SSR SRG, but also licensed local radio and television stations. These broadcasters must provide specific services in order to ensure a top-quality public service in Switzerland.
Last modification 01.01.2021
Tel. 058 460 55 11
Sector radio-television fee
Tel. 058 460 54 39
Post office box
Tel. 058 201 31 67
FTA (Federal tax administration)
Main Division for Value Added Tax