All radiocommunications equipment must be supplied with the following user information:
- all information necessary for the intended use of the radio equipment
- Where applicable, a description of the ancillary equipment and components including the software which enables the radio equipment to be operated as intended.
The following information must be enclosed with all transmission equipment:
- the frequency bands in which the radio equipment is operated;
- the maximum radiated transmitter power in the frequency bands in which the radio equipment is operated.
All transmission equipment which uses frequencies which are not harmonised in Europe must carry on their packaging the indication of the countries in which its use is prohibited or subject to obtaining a licence or a certificate of capacity, limited indoor or to other restrictions. The nature of the national restrictions, for their part, must be included in the instructions.
The information will relate to the situation in force in all the Member States of the European Union, the countries of the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
The particulars of the restrictions related to the use of the radiocommunications equipment on the packaging vary depending on the equipment's target market:
- For products which bear the CE mark and which are therefore intended for the market of the European Union, the European Economic Area and Switzerland, the manufacturer may
- - affix the text "restrictions or requirements in…" followed by a list of the countries concerned in all languages, or
- - use the symbol