The Media Services Section:
- prepares the licences of Swiss radio and television stations (SRG and private stations);
- puts out to tender digital platforms for the transmission of licensed radio and television programme services;
- exercises surveillance of the fulfilment of the performance mandate by licensed Swiss radio and television stations (SRG and private stations);
- defines the coverage areas for licensed radio and television stations;
- fixes and adjusts the fee-splitting elements for local radio and television stations;
- deals with fundamental media policy issues for the M Division;
- works in close cooperation with the Post Section on providing good general conditions within the Swiss media landscape.