The Youth Olympic Games 2020 will take place in various regions of Switzerland between 9 and 22 January 2020.
If you intend to operate wireless radio equipment subject to a licence (e.g. radiotelephony, data radio, wireless cameras, Satellite News Gathering SNG equipment, etc.), you should submit an application for a licence to the Federal Office of Communications OFCOM by 7 November 2019 in order to obtain a temporary radio licence in good time.
Radiotelephony and data radio:
Satellite News Gathering SNG:
a) It is possible to use most wireless microphones in Switzerland without a radio licence. Frequency ranges for licence-free microphones are listed here: Radio microphones
b) For the use of audio equipment with higher transmitter powers (details: RIR/1013/20), you should submit an application for a temporary radiotelephony licence to the Federal Office of Communications OFCOM:
- Please send completed licence applications (as PDF or Word documents) by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Licence applications received by OFCOM after 7 November 2019 may not be processed in time. The "First come, first served" principle applies.
- OFCOM only issues licenses for equipment that is compliant with the technical regulations. Please note that non-compliant equipment will not be allowed. List of non-compliant equipment: Non-compliant equipment
- If you require additional information, please send an email to: email@example.com
- Link to the Youth Olympic Games 2020 website: www.lausanne2020.sport
If you intend to operate radio equipment during the competitions in Les Tuffes (France) you have to submit an application form for a licence to the ANFR. Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modification 14.10.2019