The Electromagnetic compatibility Section:
- is the Office's specialist section for all aspects related to electromagnetic compatibility and environ-mental electromagnetic compatibility (EMC and EEMC);
- is responsible for implementation of the Ordinance on Electromagnetic Compatibility (OEMC) in relation to dealing with interference;
- establishes the necessary technical basis and develops the technical requirements for EMC conformity and for dealing with interference;
- performs EMC technical tests on electrical equipment and installations within the framework of market surveillance procedures conducted by the Market Access and Conformity Section (MK);
- participates in the standardisation committees of the International Special Committee on Radio Interference (CISPR), the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardisation (CENELEC), the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in relation to electromagnetic compatibility and measurement of non-ionising radiation;
- assesses the risk of interference to radiocommunication services due to the use of wired broadband telecommunication networks (PLC, xDSL, CATV, etc.).
monitors the evolution of man-made noise (MMN) in the electromagnetic spectrum and determines the strategy to minimise the risk of interference to radiocommunication and broadcasting services;
- as a centre of competency, provides administrative assistance to federal and cantonal bodies, within the framework of the implementation of the Ordinance on Protection from Non-ionising Radiation. (ONIR).