The Federal Communications Commission (ComCom) is putting out to tender new mobile radio frequencies as well as a frequency block in the 2.6 GHz band which was not sold in 2012. These frequencies are important for the introduction of 5G, the next mobile radio technology, in Switzerland. The new mobile radio frequencies will be awarded within the framework of an auction which is expected to be held at the beginning of January 2019. Participation in the auction is open to all interested companies.
The design of the auction is intended to promote the efficient allocation of frequencies for the introduction of 5G onto the market and at the same time to promote competition and technological innovation. Consumers should be able to continue to benefit from high-quality and innovative mobile radio products. The new frequencies will be allocated until the end of 2028, giving the mobile operators the necessary long-term planning security.
The tender documents can be downloaded from this site.
The deadline for submission of candidature documents has been specified as 05.10.2018.
- Invitation to tender for frequency blocks for the nationwide provision of mobile telecommunications services in Switzerland (PDF, 1 MB, 06.07.2018)
- Annex I: Designation and description of assignment blocks (PDF, 494 kB, 06.07.2018)
- Annex II: Auction rules (PDF, 1 MB, 06.07.2018)
- Annex III: Frequency allocation application (PDF, 380 kB, 06.07.2018)
- Annex IV: Specimen bank guarantee (PDF, 362 kB, 06.07.2018)
- Annex V: Specimen licence 2019 (PDF, 483 kB, 06.07.2018)
Answers to questions concerning the procedure
The list of questions received by 27 July 2018 and the corresponding answers is published in anonymous form in the attached file.
Last modification 13.09.2018