The Frequency Planning Section:
- identifies what frequencies the Swiss users need;
- coordinates and represents Swiss interests in international bodies and conferences;
- is responsible for frequency planning at national and international levels;
- establishes interface requirements for radio installations;
- establishes the national frequency assignment plan (NFAP);
- prepares decisions concerning standardization issues in the field of frequency planning;
- treats legal and economic issues within the area of competence of the Division.