The Legal Affairs Media Section:
- implements procedures in the event of violation of the Radio and Television Act, the implementing regulations or the licence (e.g. advertising and sponsorship provisions, transmission obligation and conditions of programmes, connection obligation for transmission by wire of programme services, compliance with radiocommunication licences and coverage areas);
- prepares comments in complaints procedures;
- provides information to radio and television stations concerning advertising and sponsorship issues;
- supervises the Division's law-making projects in relation to the media;
- supports the Division on legal matters;
- guarantees quality assurance within the Division in accordance with legal requirements;
- produces juridical reports relating to basic questions.