The Radio Monitoring Section:
- ensures the quality of the frequency spectrum for Switzerland in the context of its international obligations;
- provides an aviation radio and security services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year;
- identifies and analyses the origins of interference and in collaboration with the licence issuing divisions initiates appropriate measures;
- contributes to frequency planning and guarantees the spectrum quality by performing frequency occupation and field strength measurements;
- carries out technical controls.