strategies, contexts and studies in the field of telecommunications
We are pleased to announce the release of the final results of theof the 2021 telecommunications statistics.
These statistics present the results of the 24th year of liberalisation of the Swiss telecommunications market. This year's results show that :
- The number of peer-to-peer (p2p) text messages sent has fallen below the billion mark for the first time in the 21st century. It peaked 10 years ago at almost 7 billion.
- The volume of data downloaded from the mobile network continues its double-digit rise (25.0%).
- The number of machine-to-machine (M2M) subscriptions now exceeds 2 million. This figure has doubled in 3 years.
- The population coverage rate for 5G has reached 100% for the first time.
- More than 80% of fixed-network internet subscribers have a downstream transmission speed of 100 Mbit/s or more.
Last modification 26.06.2023