Household / communal dwellings, weekly residents, week-end / holiday homes and dwellings, large / collective households

In a month's time, I am moving in with my partner, who also pays reception fees. What should we do?

A written notification of the move must be sent to Billag AG so that only one person remains registered.

During the week I spend time alternately at home and at my second home. Do I have to pay fees for both?

In order to be subject to the obligation to register and pay a second licence fee for their second home, the occupant must spend three nights or more per week during half the relevant period (minimum of three months).

Do I have to pay the fees again for the radio or television in my holiday home, which is only used privately?

If a household is already registered for private reception, week-end and holiday homes are covered by this registration.

We are three students living in a student residence. Does each of us have to register and pay fees?

Yes. A student residence is defined as a large or collective household.

Do all residents of my communal dwelling have to register and pay fees?

No. It is sufficient for one person to register and pay fees.

Further information

Specialist staff
Last modification 01.11.2010

Top of page