Declaration of conformity "EU"
With the declaration of conformity the manufacturer or his authorised representative declares, that the radiocommunications equipment complies with the essential requirements. The declaration of conformity is to be issued by the manufacturer or his authorised representative based in Switzerland. If the radiocommunications equipment is subject to multiple regulations requiring a declaration of conformity, a single declaration must be issued. A dossier consisting of several individual declarations is regarded as a single declaration.
Any radio equipment placed on the market must be accompanied by a declaration of conformity with the essential requirements in its full form or in its simplified form at the manufacturer's discretion.
The declaration of conformity "EU" accompanies radiocommunications equipment which carry the "EU" conformity mark.
The complete declaration of conformity must be issued in accordance with the following template:
EU DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY (No. ...)
- Radio equipment (product, type, batch or serial number):
- Name and address of the manufacturer or his authorised representative:
- This declaration of conformity is issued under the sole responsibility of the manufacturer.
- Object of the declaration (identification of the radio equipment allowing traceability; it may include a colour image of sufficient clarity where necessary for the identification of the radio equipment):
- The object of the declaration described above is in conformity with the relevant Union harmonisation legislation: Directive 2014/53/EU
Other Union harmonisation legislation where applicable
- References to the relevant harmonised standards used or references to the other technical specifications in relation to which conformity is declared. References must be listed with their identification number and version and, where applicable, date of issue:
- Where applicable, the notified body … (name, number) … performed … (description of intervention) … and issued the EU-type examination certificate: …
- Where applicable, description of accessories and components, including software, which allow the radio equipment to operate as intended and covered by the EU declaration of conformity:
- Additional information:
Signed for and on behalf of: …
(place and date of issue):
(name, function) (signature):
The declaration of conformity must be written in one of the official languages of Switzerland or in English or must be translated into one of these languages.
The simplified declaration of conformity must be issued as follows:
- [Name of manufacturer] hereby declares that the radio equipment type [designation] complies with the directive 2014/53/EU.
- The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: [precise address]