Persons who meet specific requirements are exempted from the obligation to register. Anyone not subject to the obligation to register is not subject to payment of fees.
The following are exempted from the obligation to register:
- Persons residing abroad, if they remain in Switzerland for a maximum of 90 days per calendar year or 90 consecutive days.
- Residents in nursing homes who require care corresponding at least to the levels defined in Art. 7a para. 3 letter e of the Federal Department of Home Affairs Ordinance of 29 September 1995 on Health Care Services are exempt from the obligation to pay the fee and to notify reception equipment. A statement from the nursing home concerning the level of care must be sent to Billag AG.
- Federal authorities for the reception of radio/television programmes in work rooms and common rooms.
- Diplomatic missions, permanent missions or other representations to intergovernmental organisations and consular posts as well as institutional beneficiaries which have concluded a headquarters agreement with the Federal Council.
- Members of the diplomatic, administrative, technical and service personnel of diplomatic missions, permanent missions or other representations to intergovernmental organisations and consular posts directed by career consular officials, if they are holders of an authority card / legitimation card / residence permit of type B, C, D, E. K red, K blue, K violet or 0 from the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, and if they do not possess Swiss nationality.
Last modification 01.01.2008